Hey everyone welcome back to my blog!
Today is my blog’s first birthday and what a year it’s been. When I first started British Girl In An Aussie World, I honestly had no clue where I wanted to go with it. I had dabbled in blogging a little when I was in college but it never materialised into anything permanent. I’m so proud of reaching my one year anniversary and I’ve loved making many new friends in the blogging community. In this post I’m going to talk about what I have learned in my first year of blogging as well as listing my most popular posts of 2016 for you to enjoy. As always, my social media is linked below so be sure to follow me for daily updates.
10 Lessons I’ve Learned
- It’s ok to make mistakes, just remember to learn from them
- Don’t be afraid to take a break every now and again
- Having a schedule is essential
- Consistency is key to growing your following
- Always make sure you include images in your posts
- Be as active as you can on social media and post regularly
- Participate in blog twitter chats
- Always keep a list of ideas handy for when blogger’s block strikes
- Write original content that you yourself would love to read
- Find a niche and stick to posts within that
My Top Posts of 2016
- Get To Know Me
- MUA Romantic Efflorescence Palette
- Behind The Scenes Of British Girl In An Aussie World
- What’s On My iPhone
- What’s In My Everyday Makeup Bag
- Beauty Blogger Tag
Let me know in the comments what your favourite posts on my blog were this year. I can’t wait to see what the next year brings for my little blog and hope it continues to grow.